Thursday, October 2, 2008

Change of Plans


Although I was supposed to be an employee of Princess Cruises and board the Sapphire Princess this Saturday, I opted out of the opportunity. Instead, through the help of some good friends and good people, I've landed a more lucrative job working on El Tigre, a yacht out of Newport Beach. Although Marla wasn't too happy to hear about my late bail out I had to do what I had to do.


Tomorrow is my first day working on the boat and preparing it for a 3-4 month voyage to Mexico. The majority of our time will be spent in Magdalena Bay, north of Cabo San Lucas on the Pacific side of the Baja peninsula. There is good surf there and I hope to get alot of good maritime experience with captain Bob. This is a picture of Cuevas, one of the best breaks in the area.


We leave at the end of October prolonging the goodbyes that started at the end of July. Soon enough no one's going to believe that I'm leaving. Although I was extremely eager to board a ship and get the hell out of dodge, I guess I will be hanging out in Southern California a bit longer.

No comments: