Saturday, January 24, 2009

Goodbye and Hello


........and so it begins again. On Tuesday, January 27th, I board a plane bound for Brisbane, Australia. Yesterday I said goodbye to some of the most amazing people in my life...again. After a month of wandering in my old territory, the time has come to make my next move. Although everything necessary for my trip to Australia has been squared away for weeks, the flight remained unresolved until last Tuesday. I grew tired of waiting for things outside of my control and pulled the trigger. Now I sit in Carlsbad, having said goodbye to all of my dear friends in San Diego, spending some of the remaining time with family.


The past month has been full of great experiences. My friends have made sure that we celebrate every day of life. San Diego and Los Angeles have been filled with sunshine, surf, and Lakers victory. A great combination if I must say so.


Having looked up old contacts from my travels in 2006, I realized how many people I know in Australia. Although contact has been sparse with some, as soon as I looked them up, old memories resurfaced and I remembered the warmth I experienced while there. I am very eager to catch up with my Aussie mates and forge new experiences in one of the most beautiful places in the world.


After an 18 hour flight, including a 4 hour layover in Fiji, I will arrive in Brisbane on Thursday the 29th. After hanging out in Brisbane for a few days I will hop a train to Noosa where I will meet with family friend, and legend, Dennis. This will be my home base until Seton arrives and I can secure a job and an apartment. Who knows what will happen along the way but I am ready for whatever comes, greeting all with a smile and a lust for adventure.

3 comments:

Capt. Bob said...

---and so the great adventure lies before you---may the wind be always on your back, 'Mite'

Louise Kotze said...

Wow you amaze me and inspire me. I will follow your blog it is so exciting! Living life large!

Jesse Carmody said...

Power moves!!